Harvey Norman offers the new Nintendo switch in Neon along with other gadgets that your kids will surely love. This is the perfect present for kids for any occasion. They will love it indeed. The challenge now for parents is to manage and impose usage control of gadgets including phone, tablet and other gaming consoles to ensure that kids will still have time to socialize with other kids and of course to study and do their homework.
We are living in a modern world that even little kids are into phones, tablets, computers and other gadgets. You would be surprised how they can easily learn how to operate these gadgets on their own. And once they figured it out, expect them to be glued into these gadgets. As parents, this can be alarming especially when the kids are starting schooling already. You do not want to see them playing online games rather than doing their homework.
In this article, we will share some tips on how to successfully manage your kid’s relationship with their tech gadgets.
- Set a curfew for their gadgets – it is advisable to work out a curfew for them to use their cell phone, iPads or other gaming consoles. You can give them 2 hours every day once they are with their homework. Make sure that you are clear that they can no longer use their gadgets after 9pm or time before bed time. Allowing them to use mobile phones or gaming consoles before bed time can greatly affect the quality and quantity of their sleep. They tend to lose out on their sleep finishing a level on their game. So it is best that you keep their gadgets when it’s bed time.
- Supervise what they access on their gadgets – Internet has grown to be so big and almost everything and anything is found in the Internet. You do not want your kids watching or reading inappropriate content so it is best you supervise what they can access on their gadget. Check the browser’s history all the time and use your own account so they will be needing your permission before downloading or accessing something.
- Make sure they do their homework first before they can play – before you allow them to use their gadgets, make sure that they have finished doing their homework first. You can even use this as a bribe so they become more eager to finish and accomplish all their school stuff early.
- Do not allow them to have gaming console and TV in their bedroom – it is best to put your Nintendo Switch or PlayStation in the living room or gaming room rather than your kid’s bedroom. This way, you can stop them from locking up themselves in their room especially during weekends.
- Encourage them to play outside with other kids – lastly, it is advisable to encourage them to play with other kids outside rather than spending time alone with their gadgets.
You cannot stop the kids from growing up with new technology but you can do your best to guide them so they can still fulfill their responsibilities and enjoy other things other than tech gadgets. Anything that is too much can be bad so make sure to monitor and supervise your kids when it comes to using these gadgets.